Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Worst Mom Ever


I win the award today. Jack was not feeling himself this morning. He had asked me to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast, but then didn't eat them...so I had a feeling something wasn't quite right. But we went off to school anyway. I told him that if he got sick to go to the nurse, but that I would be at the gym in the morning, so try to plan it for later in the day. Haha. He tried calling at 9am but I was already at the gym with my phone in the locker room. When I was on my way home from the gym I happened to notice I had 2 voicemails from the nurse and a text message from Jack, that was 10:20am. Ugh! So I raced to the school and got there by 10:45 all sweaty and gross, they had sent Jack back to class even though he was still not feeling well. Supposedly his fever wasn't over 100, but he sure felt hot to me. Poor kid. Anyway, we came home and he promptly fell asleep on the couch after asking me to turn off Food Network because he thought he might hurl looking at the food! Hopefully he will be better tomorrow. Why do I doubt my instincts? I know these kids, and I can tell when they aren't quite right...ah well, maybe next time I'll get it right!

No comments: