Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our Neighborhood


After living in the middle of nowhere for 3 years, it's been SO much fun living in a real neighborhood! There are actually sidewalks!!! Not to mention parks all over the place, and gazebos and fountains too! The kids are loving riding their bicycles with an actual destination in mind not just in circles on the driveway. The best thing is that the kids have new friends from school that live nearby! There are 2 little girls who live right across the street, Nora's BFF from her class is just a few doors down, and Jack's best pal from his class lives a couple streets over but rides his bike over (usually as we are sitting down for dinner) and stays to play some video games.

The new job is wonderful, I am really enjoying my time with the special ed children, they are very sweet! My one-on-one child is a handful, but I have seen enough glimpses of the happy little boy he is behind his diagnosis that I am eager to work with him and try to help in any way that I can. The days go by fast, and I feel I am learning as much as the children are most days. As much as I have tried to fight it, the educator blood runs through my veins, I guess!

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

You new neighborhood looks beautiful Michelle. I love your new avatar picture too!